–Note: Creating posts in bulk for existing pages so as to get benefit of Categories and other widgets
250 gms Paneer, cut into triangle or 1-inch cubes (or any other shape you like)
4 Big (250 gms tomatoes) pureed
2 Tablespoon Butter
2 Tablespoon Oil
3/4 Teaspoon Roasted Cumin Powder
1 Teaspoon Red Chilli powder
1/4 or 1/2 Teaspoon sugar
2 Teaspoon dried fenugreek leaves (roasted on low flame for 45 seconds)
1/2 Cup Full cream milk
2/3 green chilis, deseeded and slit into halves
10-15 Cashew Nuts, soaked in warn water for 15 minutes (Optional)
5-6 Almonds, soaked in warm water for 30 minutes (Optional)
1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
Salt to taste
2 medium Onions, chopped
2 teaspoons chopped Ginger
6-7 Garlic Cloves
1 Green Cardamom
1. Grind Onions, ginger, garlic, cloves and cardamom to a fine paste.
2. Grind tomatoes to a puree
3. Heat butter and oil in a kadhai
4. Add Onion Paste
5. Fry on low heat till light golden
6. Add tomato puree. Cook on low flame for 10-15 minutes or till the oil seprates.
7. Add roasted cumin powder, red chili powder, garam masala, salt and sugar.
8. Cook for a minute, till the oil leaves the masala.
9. Add cashewnut and almond paste.
10. Cook for 2 minutes.
11. Add 1 and 1/2 cup water.
12. Cook for 5-8 minutes till the gravy becomes thick
13. Add kasuri methi and milk
14. Cook on low heat for 2 minutes, stirring continously, otherwise the milk will curdle.
15. Remove from heat.
16. Add green chillies and paneer
17. Retuns to heat and cook for another 2-3 minutes, stirring continously.
18. Serve hot