–Note: Creating posts in bulk for existing pages so as to get benefit of Categories and other widgets
UPDATED RECIPE: 11-MAY-14
Makes 4 medium sized pizzas
Makes 3 to 4 medium-sized thin pizza bases
500 gms all purpose flour bread flour or Tipo ’00’ flour
7g dried yeast
1/1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
325 ml lukewarm water
Chopped green/red/yellow bell peppers
–Note: I used cherry tomatoes.
–Note: I have not used them in this recipe.
4-5 table spoon extra virgin Olive Oil
Pizza sauce (2 Tablespoon per pizza).
I have not used in this recipe, if you like garlic taste then apply 1/2 tea spoon of garlic paste (coarse paste mixed with few drops of olive oil)on each pizza base before applying the pizza sauce.
1. Sieve the flour and salt.
2. Mix the yeast, sugar and olive oil into the water and leave for a few minutes.
3. Pour into a bowl.
4. Add one cup of flour, using a fork, swirl flour it into the liquid.
5. Mix well.
6. Repeat the process with the reaming flour.
7. Knead until you have smooth, springy dough.
8. Place the ball of dough in a large flour-dusted bowl and flour the top of it.
9. Cover the bowl with a damp cloth and place in a warm room for about an hour until the dough has doubled in size.
10. Remove the dough and knead it around a bit to push the air out with your hands – this is
called knocking back the dough.
11. After knocking back the dough, divide the dough into equal portions and make balls.
12. Keep these balls for another 45 minutes so that they can rise further.
13. After 45 minutes, you can either use it immediately, or keep it, wrapped in Clingfilm, in the fridge (or freezer) until required.
Assembling the pizza:
1. Dust the rolling board with all purpose flour.
2. Roll the dough using rolling pin or with your palms.
3. Fold the ends.
4. Adjust the thickness if required.
–Note: I don’t have a pizza stone. The advantage of pizza stone is that the base of the pizza bakes well and has the crunch. To simulate pizza stone cooking, I used a trick.
5. Carefully move the base to a pan/tawa which is pre-dusted with all purpose flour.
6. If required, Adjust the shape then prick the base with fork.
7. Apply some olive oil, this helps in preventing the pizza crust to become soggy due to sauce and vegetables while baking.
8. Spread the pizza sauce on the pizza. Keep the rolled edges clean.
9. Add mozzarella cheese.
10. Top with the veggies, don’t overload pizza.
11. Spread the cheese again. Now, on a very low flame (minimum) roast this pizza for 5-8 minutes. Remove from tawa and carefully transfer to Microwave (use convection feature) oven. If you are using the wire mesh of the oven then cover it with aluminium foil.
12. Preheat the oven @ 180 degree Centigrade and bake the veg pizza in the preheated oven for 15- 20 minutes at 210 degrees C.
13. Serve hot.