–Note: Creating posts in bulk for existing pages so as to get benefit of Categories and other widgets
200 gms Paneer (Fresh)
1 cup green peas (shelled)
1/4 cup well beaten yogurt.
4 Tbspoon oil
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
1/4 tsp dried mango powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
200 gms tomato puree
2 medium sized onions
1/2 inch piece of ginder
Seeds of 1 black cardamom
1. Grind onions, ginger, tomato puree, cloces and black cardomom to a smooth paste in a mixer.
2. Heat oil in a wok (kadhai).
3. Add the onion-tomato puree paste.
4. Cook covered on high heat for 5 minutes till quite dry.
5. Remove cover and cook, stirring frequently for 8-10 minutes till very thick and absolutely dry.
6. Add coriander powder, red chilli powder, dry mango powder and garam masala.
7. Reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes more till oil separates. The masala should be dry and look glossy because the oil separates.
8. Add well beaten yougurt to the masala, stir continously for about 5-6 minutes or till oil separates again and the masala becomes bright in color.
9. Add enough water to the gravy, add salt to taste, cook the gravy for 5 minutes and add boiled peas.
10. Boil for another 10 minutes on low flame.
11. Add paneer cubes (fry in very less oil on a non-stick pan) and cook on low heat till paneer gets soft.