–Note: Creating posts in bulk for existing pages so as to get benefit of Categories and other widgets
125 grams fresh paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) cut into One inch pieces
2 Tbspoon oil
1.5 cup boiled peas (preferably fresh)
1 Medium sized onion ground to very fine paste
0.5 tspoon white pepper powder
4 Table spoon dried fenugreek leaves (dried kasoori methi)
0.5 cup fresh cream, whip with 0.5 cup full cream milk
1 Tablespoon cashew nuts – gring to fine powder.
Salt to taste
a pinch of sugar : optional (only if you like sweat gravies, I used it in this recipe)
0.5 – 1 cup full cream milk (to be added at the end of the recipe)
0.5 inch stick cinnamon (dalchini in Hindi)
3-4 cloves big sized cloves (laung)
2 Black cardamoms (moti elaichi in Hindi)
1. Crush together cinammon (dalchini), laung (cloves) and seeds of black cardmon(moti elaichi).
2. Heat 2 tbspoon oil in Kadhai or a heavy bottomed pan.
3. Add Onion paste and cook on low heat till oil separates and onions turns golden.
–Note: Do not fry too much otherwise it will become dark brown.
4. Add the crushed spices (in step 1) and white pepper powder, Cook for few seconds.
5. Add dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi) and malai, cook on low heat for 2-3 minutes till the cream (malai in Hindi) dried up
6. Add the boiled green peas and paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese).
7. Add the kaju powder and cook for a few seconds.
8. Add milk to get a thick gravy. Add salt and sugar to taste. Bring to a boil.
9. Serve garnished with some kajus (cashewnuts) roasted in ghee (clarified butter) on tawa (or roasted in Microwave oven) till