2 large eggplants (aubergine) cut into half inch round slices
3 tea spoon red chili powder (preferably kashmiti mirch)
1 tea spoon turmeric powder
1.5 tea spoon garam masala powder
1.5 tea spoon dried mango/amchur powder
2 Tablespoon Rice flour
Salt as per taste
Oil for frying.
(Preferably Mustard Oil)
1. Wash the aubergines well in running water.
2. Pat dry with a dry cloth.
3. Slice the aubergines in half-inch thick roundels.
4. Soak the aubergines slices in salted water for 15-20 minutes.
5. Remove and pat dry all the slices.
6. Mix red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, amchur powder and salt.
7. Rub the powder on the both the sides of aubergine slices and marinate for 5 minutes.
5. Heat oil in a nonstick pan.
6. Coat each slice with rice flour on both the sides. Dont forget to dust off the extra rice flour.
6. Fry the aubergine slices on both the sides till crisp and golden brown.
7. Remove access oil by keeping on the paper napkin.
8. Serve Baingan Bhaja with Phulkas/Naan with Curd.