250 gms kakrol//kantola
1/4 Tea spoon turmeric powder
Half Tea spoon red chili powder
Half Tea spoon coriander powder
2 table spoon oil
1/4 tea spoon cumin seeds
1/4 tea spoon mustard seeds
Salt as per taste
One medium sized onion
2-3 cloves of garlic
1-2 green chillies coarsely chopped
1. Rinse the kantola in water. drain and then slice them. if the seeds are tough, then remove them. if the
seeds are soft or tender, then no need to remove them.
2. Chop Onions, green chillies and garlic.
3. Heat Oil in a kadhai (wok).
4. Crackle cumin seeds and mustard seeds.
5. Add garlic and green chillies, fry them for 10-15 seconds.
6. Add chopped onions and saute for a minute.
7. Add salt to taste, red chilli powder, coriander powder nad turmeric powder, saute for a minute.
8. Add the kantola, stir and saute and let them cook on a low flame.
9. Don’t cover the pan but keep on stirring at 2-3 minute intervals, so that Kantola pieces are cooked
10. It takes about 25 to 30 minutes on a low flame to get kantola cook.
11. Serve the kantola fry with Phulka and/or daal chawal.