Author: Prashant Namdeo
Recipe type: Desserts
4 Cups grated Lauki (Bottle Gourd)
500 ml boiled full cream milk
Khoya 200-250 grams
10 tbsp sugar (reduce/increase as per your taste)
1/2 tbsp ghee/clarified butter (you can add more, I tried making it healthy so I have used only 1 table spoon)
4-5 cardamoms, powdered or finely crushed
cup chopped almonds and cashews
1. Heat half table spoon of ghee (clarified butter) in a heavy bottomed pan.
2. Add milk and grated bottle gourd and bring the whole mixture to a boil.
3. Lower the flame.
4. Simmer the mixture on a low flame and keep on stirring in between.
5. When the milk has 90% reduced add khoya and stir well for 4-5 minutes.
6. When all the milk is evaporated, add 1/2 table spoon of ghee, sugar and crushed cardamom, chopped almonds and cashew nuts to the mixture.
7. Mix well and cook for a 5-6 minutes or untill the sugar melts completely.
8. Serve lauki halwa hot or chilled 🙂