Serves : 4
500 grams beetroot, grated (thin)
4.5 cups full fat milk
Khoya 200 grams
6 table spoon (or as per taste)
2 table spoon ghee.
5-6 cardamom finely powdered finely.
10 to 15 cashewnuts.
8-10 Almonds, roughly chopped.
1. Rinse the beetroot thoroughly to remove the impurities from the outer skin, peel it and grate it (thin).
2. Add grated beetroot and milk in a kadhai or a deep thick heavy bottomed pan.
3. Mix gently, boil on a low to medium flame.
4. Lower the flame, simmer and keep on stirring at regular intervals.
5. When the milk gets reduced to approximately 75%, add khoa, mix well and stir for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add ghee (clarrified butter) and sugar, stir well and continue to simmer and cook on a low flame.
7. Once all the milk gets evaporated, add dry fruits of your choice, cardamom powder and mix well.
8. Serve hot or chilled (I prefer hot 🙂 )