500 grams Bhindi (Okra)
Oil for frying
3/4 tea spoon dry mango powder
1 tea spoon chaat masala
1 tea spoon red chili powder. 1 tea spoon turmeric powder. 1 tea spoon coriander powder. 1 tea spoon jeera powder
1/2 -3/4 tea spoon garam masala (optional) powder (Indian All spices powder)
1/2 Cup bengal gram flour/chickpea flour (Besan in hindi)
Salt to taste
1. Wash bhindi/okra in running water
2. Wipe them dry with a kitchen napkin.
(Make sure there is no moisture on the bhindis).
3. Slice the bhindi vertically into 4 pieces. If you have small sized bhindi, then slice them into 2 pieces.
4. Take all your sliced bhindi in a big thali.
5. Add all spices and besan,
7. Marinate the bhindi in this mixture for 25-30 minutes.
8. Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan/Kadhai.
9. Fry the bhindis in batches till golden brown and crisp on a medium flame.Keep on turning the bhindi’s in oil so that they get evenly fried.
10. Serve Bhindi Jaipuri plain/ with phulka and daal.