INGREDIENTS FOR SPICY GARLIC CHUTNEY:
2 tbsp roughly chopped garlic
1/2 cup grated dried coconut
1 table spoon red chilli powder
Salt to taste
METHOD FOR SPICY GARLIC CHUTNEY:
1. Combine all the ingredients in a mixer and blend to a coarse powder.
2. Use as required.
INGREDIENTS FOR GREEN CHUTNEY
1 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
1/2 inch piece of fresh ginger, chopped into fine pieces.
1 green chili, chopped (add more if you like more spicy)
1 or 2 tea spoon lemon juice(OPTIONAL)
Salt as per taste
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING GREEN CHUTNEY
Store the coriander chutney in a covered bowl or container in the refrigerator.
use the coriander chutney whenever required.
VADA recipe along with detailed steps can be found at the following link, for concinience I am adding the steps and ingridients here as well:
Preparation Time: 10 mins.
Cooking Time: 30 mins.
Serves 8 Pieces
1 Table spoon oil
1 and 1/2 cups boiled and mashed potatoes
2 green chillies, slit and chopped
1 table spoon grated garlic
1 tea spoon mustard seeds
1/2 tea spoon turmeric powder (haldi)
1/2 tea spoon red chilli powder
1/2 table spoon finely chopped fresh green coriander
6 to 8 curry leaves
1/2 tea spoon coriander powder
1/2 Tea spoon cumin seeds
2-3 finely chopped Mint leaves
ONIONS (I have used in this recipe, but it can be omitted)
3/4 cup besan
1/4 tea spoon turmeric powder
1/4 tea spoon red chilli powder (OPTIONAL)
a pinch of baking soda
Salt to taste
Oil for deep-frying
1. For the vada fillling, heat the oil in a kadhai/ heavy bottomed pan and add the mustard seeds (and cumin seeds if you opted for).
2. When the seeds crackle, add the pounded mixture and sauté again for a few seconds.
5. Add the potatoes, turmeric powder and salt and mix well.
6. Remove from the fire and cool.
7. Divide into 8 equal portions. Shape into rounds.
For the outer covering
1. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and make a medium thick batter.
2. Dip each round of the vada filling into the batter and allow it to coat the mixture well (use a fork to dip and fry,
dont prick vadas with fork just pick them same way as we pick using normal spoon.
3. Deep fry in hot oil, till golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.