2 cups maida (all purpose flour)
150 grams Mawa (Khova)
1 tea spoon baking powder
1/2 tea spoon baking soda
150 grams unsalted white butter or unsalted yellow butter (melted at room tempreture, dont heat to melt it)
1 cup fine granuled sugar
1 tea spoon cardamom powder
1 cup full cream milk
4 table spoon low fat cream
Dry fruits (almonds, cashewnuts, raisins or walnuts)
1. Use clarified butter to grease cake pan.
2. Line the cake pan with butter paper.
3. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius for 15 minutes.
4. Grease some butter on the butter paper.
5. Cream butter and sugar till it becomes nice light and fluffy.
6. Add the crumbled mawa and mix well.
8. Add the flour sieved with baking soda and baking powder (this helps in mixing the soda properly)
9. Sprinkle the cardamom powder.
10. Pour the milk and cream, fold everything till the flour, milk and cream are mixed well in the cake batter.
12. Pour the batter in the cake pan, tap it so that the batter spreads evenly.
13. Place the pan in the pre heated oven at 180 degrees C and bake for 45 to 1 hour, till top becomes brownish and when a tooth pick inserted in the cake it comes out clean.
14. Allow the cake to cool down. (Don’t hurry)
15. Serve with tea/coffee.