One medium sized cauliflower cut into florets of (1 inch size).
3 medium size potatoes chopped into one inch cube
2 tbsp oil (preferably peanut oil) or ghee
1.5 inch fresh ginger, chopped or julienned
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
2-3 green chillies (sliced)
1/4 tea spoon garam masala powder
Salt to taste
Fresh green coriander (finely chopped) to garnish
1/2 tea spoon red chili powder
a pinch of asafoetida
1. Heat oil in a large frying pan and set over medium heat.
2. Add potatoes, green chillies, salt and fry them until they are light golden for approx 5 minutes.
3. Turn the heat to medium-high, add ginger and cauliflower florets, and fry for 10 minutes, until they become soft.
4. Turn the heat down to medium.
5. Add turmeric, red chilli powder (if opted for), roaster cumin powder, garam masala powder.
6. Stir gently to coat the vegetables with the dry spices.
7. Turn the heat down to low and cook for 4-5 minutes.
8. Garnish with coriander and serve hot.