–Note: I made Ratlami Sev during holi season, so the quantiy of ingridents is more, you can adjust the ratio as per your needs.
500 grams – gram flour/besan
2 tea spoon Lemon juice
1 cup -cooking oil
1.25 cup – water
1/4 tea spoon Turmeric powder
3/4th Table spoon black pepper corns
2 table spoon carom seeds
2 tea spoon Fennel seeds
1/4 table spoon Cloves
2 table spoon Ginger powder
2 table spoon Red Chilli powder
2 tea spoon Asafoetida
2 tea spoon black salt
1/4 tea spoon soda bicarbonate
Salt to taste
1. Grind black pepper corns, carom seeds, fennel seeds cloves to a fine powder.
2. Add asafoetida, salt, ginger powder, red chilli powder, black salt.
3. Make sure that the powder is very fine, if not sieve the powder through a fine mesh.
4. Take water and oil in a jar and blend till the mixture become white in colour.
5. Add lemon juice masala powder, soda bi carbonate and blend again for a minute or so.
6. Add this mixture little by little into the gram flour
7. Knead to a medium soft dough.
8. Grease the mould with oil.
9. Place the dough in the mould.
10. Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan and squeeze the mould over the pan to make sev on medium heat.
11. Dont drop the sev at the same place, ensure there is enough space betweeen.
12. When the sev comes on the surface of oil then flipover and cook till the sev becomes golden in colour.
13. Drain on an absorbent paper.
14. Let it cool down for 30 minutes.
15. Crush the sev into small pieces and Store in an air tight container. It can be used for 10-15 days.