300 grams seedless dates (should be soft and moist)
500 grams sesame seeds (Tilli)
1.5 cups powdered or grated jaggery
5 table spoon clarified butter (ghee)
1. Heat a kadhai or a heavy bottomed pan and add sesame seeds.
2. Roast the sesame seeds on low heat for 3-4 minutes.
3. Stir at small intervals.
4. Sesame seeds will begin to pop and change color.
5. Remove and keep aside in a plate and let them cool down.
6. Once cooled, grind them coarsely.
7. Heat clarified butter (ghee) in a heavy bottomed pan or kadai.
8. Add powdered or grated jaggery.
9. Keeping the flame low flame, keep on stirring the jaggery so that it becomes soft.
10. Switch off the flame.
11. Grind the seedless dates.
12. Add the dry roasted sesame seeds and seedless dates.
13. Mix well.
14. When the mixture is still hot, begin to form ladoos from it.
15. Be carefull, if the mixture is too hot, then wait few minutes and then form the ladoos.
16. Make all the ladoos this way and Serve 🙂
17. You can store ladoos in an air tight container at room temperature and can be used for 10-15 days.