2 Table Spoon oil
2 Table Spoon salted butter
2 Large Sized onions, roughly chopped
2 Medium Tomatoes, roughly chopped
1/2 cup tomato puree
1 Tea spoon tomato ketchup (optional)
2 Green Chillies, Slit into halves
1 Inch ginger, chopped into One inch thin juliennes.
1 Table spoon cashew nuts, soaked for 15-20 minutes.
2 Tea spoon ginger garlic paste (preferably fresh)
1 Cup Green Peas
2 Cups Cauliflower, chopped in One inch pieces
1/2 cup carrots, diced (One Inch size)
3/4th cup french beans, chopped into one inch pieces
1 capsicum, chopped
3 Green cardmoms
1 Black cardamom
6-7 black pepper corns
1/2 Tea spoon shahi jeera (Black Cumin Seeds)
1/4 Tea spoon turmeric powder
1 1/2 Tea spoon coriander powder
1 Tea spoon, Kashmiri red chilli powder
1/2 Tea spoon, red chilli powder (more hot as compared to Kashmiri red chilli powder)
3/4 Tea spoon Garam Masala powder (Indian All Spice powder)
Salt as per taste
1 Cup full cream milk
1 Cup vegetable stock
2 Tea spoon Kasuri Methi (dried fenugreek leaves, roasted and crushed to powder)
1. Heat oil in a Kadhai or a heavy bottomed pan.
2. Add butter and mix well on low heat.
3. Add green cardomoms, black cardmoms, black pepper corns and shahi jeera.
4. Add chopped onions and fry till translucent.
5. Add ginger garlic paste and fry on low-medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
6. Add chopped tomatoes and tomato puree.
7. Fry till oil separates from the masala.
8. Add soaked cashew nuts and fry on low heat for another 3-4 minutes.
9. Remove from heat and cool down.
10. Grind to a fine paste.
11. Except capsicum,boil the vegetables, drain the water (don’t throw it, we need to use it later in the recipe)
12. Toss the vegetables in butter, start with chopped capsicum.
13. Add 1 teaspoon butter and 1 tea spoon oil in the kadhai.
14. Fry slit green chillies and ginger juliennes.
15. Add the grinded masala paste and fry for 2 minutes on low heat.
16. Add vegetable stock and bring the gravy to a boil.
17. Cool down the gravy.
18. Add milk.
19. Heat the gravy on low heat, till the gravy just starts boiling.
20. Add vegetables tossed in butter, mix well.
21. Remove from heat and serve with Naan, Chapaties or Vegetable Fried rice.