1 Cup Cauliflower florets
1 cup green peas
1 cup diced potatoes
1 cup diced carrots
1/2 cup French beans
1 cup chopped khol khol
Two inch piece of cinnamon stick.
3-4 green cardamoms
8-10 black peppercorns
2 Green chillies
1 Tea spoon fennel seeds (saunf)
1 small piece of mace (javitri)
Half medium sized coconut cut in to small pieces
Two table spoon cashew nuts
2-3 tea spoon poppy seeds
1 table spoon fresh green coriander
1 table spoon mint leaves
1/2 inch ginger
1/2 table spoon roasted chana dal
1/2 cup water or as required to make a thick but fine paste
2 medium sized tomatoes
3 Table spoon oil
1-2 dried red chillies
2 Bay leaves
1 tea spoon mustard seeds
1 medium onion finely sliced
2 tea spoon ginger garlic paste
7-8 fresh green curry leaves
1/4 tea spoon turmeric powder
1 tea spoon red chilli powder
1 tea spoon coriander powder
1/2 cup fresh full cream curd
2 cups milk
Salt to taste
1. Boil the chopped veggies water for 5-8 minutes.
2. Remove from heat, drain water (don’t throw it) and keep aside.
3. Soak cashew nuts and poppy seeds (khus khus) in hot water to half an hour.
4. Grind roasted chana daal, two inch piece of cinnamon stick, 5-6 cloves, 3-4 green cardamoms, 8-10 black peppercorns, 2 Green chillies, 1 Tea spoon fennel seeds (saunf), 1 small piece of mace (javitri) to a powder.
5. Add remaining ingredients of masala paste to the grinder and make a fine smooth paste.
6. Heat oil in heavy bottomed pan.
7. Crackle mustard seeds.
8. Add Bay leaves and dried red chillies. saute for 30-40 seconds add curry leaves.
9. Add sliced onions and fry till they become soft and golden.
10. Add ginger garlic paste and fry for 2-3 minutes.
11. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder and fry on low heat for 30-40 seconds.
12. Add masala paste and sauté on low heat till oil leaves the pan and it becomes glossy, stirring often.
13. Add 1/2 cup fresh full cream curd and sauté on low heat till oil is released.
14. Add vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
15. Add vegetables, salt to taste and cook for 4-5 minutes on medium heat.
16. Switch of the flame and let the gravy with veggies cool down.
17. Add milk and bring the gravy to a boil.
18. Serve hot with poori or set dosa.