1 Cup Fusilli pasta (or any other pasta of your choice)
2 Tablespoon butter
2 Tablespoon all purpose flour (Maida)
1.5 cups full cream milk (adjust as per consistency you would like to have)
1 Tablespoon processed cheese
Note: You can have a mix of other cheese as well, like mozarella if you want to bake it to make the upper layer crusty.
I have added only processed cheese today.
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
Salt to taste
Red chilli flakes (as per taste)
Mixed herbs (half tea spoon)
A pinch of black pepper powder
One cup (all together) of finely sliced yellow bell pepper, red bell pepper and zucchini.
You can add other veggies like brocolli, baby corns.
Water for boiling the pasta
1. Boil water in a vessel.
2. Add pasta and cook till they are al dente and keep aside.
3. Heat butter in a heavy bottomed pan, add garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
4. Reduce the flame, add all purpose flour and cook till all purpose flour just about to start changing color.
5. Add little amount of milk and mix briskly to avoid lumps.
6. Slowly add all the milk (in batches).
7. Bring to a boil.
8. Add cheese and let it melt.
9. Chop and Saute veggies with butter, sprinkle freshly ground black pepper, salt to taste.
10. Add chilli flakes, dried herbs and salt to taste to the white sauce.
11. Add veggies, mix gently.
12. Add pasta, mix gently.
13. Garnish with dried herbs, red chilli flakes and serve hot.