500 grams Kathal (Jackfruit)
3 Table spoons oil (for preparing gravy)
Oil for deep frying
1 tea spoon cumin seeds
2 medium sized onions finely sized
3 tea spoon ginger-garlic paste
2 tomatoes finely chopped
2 tea spoon coriander powder
2 tea spoon red chili powder
1 tea spoon garam masala powder
Salt as per taste
1/2 tea spoon turmeric powder.
2-3 green chilies slit
1/4 tea spoon dried mango powder (amchur)
1 Table spoon chopped fresh coriander leaves
1. Apply Oil your palms well and on the knife which you will be using to cut the kathal.
2. Peel the jackfruit and slice into desired shape. I have cut in to one inch slices.
3. Deep Fry the kathal pieces over medium high heat, till light brown. Drain and set aside. Remove extra oil from the kadhai (retain about 3 table spoon).
4. Add cumin seeds to the oil and let them splutter.
5. Add the onions and fry till they become light brown.
6. Add ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw aroma of ginger garlic goes away.
7. Add the tomatoes, and fry till oil separates.
8. Add coriander powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, amchur (dried mango powder), and the garam masala. Mix well.
9. Add half cup water and bring to a boil.
10. Add deep fried kathal (jackfruit) pieces and cook till for 5-8 minutes.
11. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with Phulka or Paratha.