1 cup Leftover Dal, I have used toor dal, you can use any dal of your choice 🙂
1 Medium sized onion, finely chopped
1 teaspoon Oil while kneading the dough
2 table spoon oil for smearing parathas while roasting
2 cup Whole Wheat Flour (Atta)
1/2 teaspoon Red chili powder
1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
1/4 tea spoon cumin seeds
1/4th teaspoon Haldi (Turmeric powder)
1 small finely chopped green Chilli
1 tablespoon Chopped fresh coriander leaves
Salt to taste
1. In a large bowl add whole wheat flour, salt ,red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin seeds, turmeric powder and mix well.
2. Add leftover dal, finely chopped onions, finely chopped fresh green coriander, finely chopped green chili.
3. Knead a soft pliable dough and rest it covered for 5 minutes.
4. Take a golf ball sized portion from the dough and roll the ball in to a 6 inch disc using a rolling pin. You can use wheat flour to dust if the disc sticks to the roller board.
5. Heat a griddle (tawa) , lift rolled out roti and transfer it to the hot griddle.
6. On low-medium heat cook from one side for a minutes.
7. Flip it and smear some oil.
8. Also, add drop by drop oil along the disc.
9. Flip and cook again.
10. Repeat the process and cook the other side by applying few drops of oil…
11. Remove when evenly cooked from both the side. You can see brownish dots all around 🙂
12. Repeat the same procedure by taking another golf sized ball from the kneaded dough.
13. Serve hot with Pickel, curd or Chai 🙂