One large Beetroot, boiled, grated and cooled completely.
One large Potato, boiled, grated and cooled completely.
1 tea spoon Red chilli powder.
1/4 tea spoon Jeera powder
1/4 tea spoon Amchur Powder
1/2 tea spoon Garam Masala
2 Table spoon fresh Coriander leaves, finely chopped
Slurry made using all-purpose flour and water – for coating
2 Bread slices for the cutlet mixture
Bread crumbs of 3 breads for coating
Oil – for frying
Salt as per taste.
1. Add boiled and grated potatoes, beetroots to a bowl.
2. Add Red chilli powder, garam masala powder, salt to taste, jeera powder, amchur, coriander leaves, bread crumbs, green chilli.
3. Mix all the ingredients until they are combined well.
4. For making slurry, add the all purpose flour to a small bowl and add sufficient water to make slurry.
5. Heat a heavy bottomed pan, add oil and set the heat/flame to Medium.
6. Take out a small portion of the cutlet mixture.
8. Roll it into a circular shape, also roll along the edges.
9. Dip the cutlet into slurry, ensure it is coated well on all the side, don’t keep it too long.
10. Take out the cutlet and place it on bread crumbs.
11. Gently press using four fingers to flatten out the patty.
12. Repeat the same for the other side.
13. Shallow fry the patties until both the sides of the cutlet turns golden brown by flipping.
14. Once done remove from the oil and place in a paper towel to remove excess oil.
15 Repeat the same with the other patties.
16. Serve hot with green chutney or tomato ketchup.