250 grams Parwal (pointed gourd)
150 grams Potato
2 Green chillies, finely chopped
1 inch minced Ginger
2 Table spoon Vegetable Oil
1/2 tea spoon Cumin seeds
1/2 Tea spoon Red chilly powder
1 Tea spoon Coriander powder
1/4 Tea spoon Garam masala
1/4 tea spoon Turmeric powder
1/4 Tea spoon Dried Mango powder
1 Tea spoon Fennel powder
A pinch Asafoetida
2 Table spoon Finely chopped green coriander for garnish
1/4 cup water
Salt as per taste
1. Wash and peeling parwal and chopp then in 1 inch pieces.
2. Wash and peel potatoes and chop them in a pinch pieces as well.
3. Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan or Kadhai.
4. Keeping the head medium, add cumin seeds, asafoetida, green chillies and ginger, saute for a minute.
5. Lower the flame and add turmeric powder, coriander powder red chilli powder and saute for 30 seconds.
6. Add chopped parwal and potatoes, sprinkle salt to taste and gently.
7. Add 3-4 tbsp of water and mix well.
8. Cover and cook on low flame for 4-5 minutes.
9. Check the sabzi after 4-5 minutes and stir gently.
10. Cover again and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
11. Check the sabzi, If there is need to add more water then add 2-3 tbsp of water into it.
12. Cook until potatoes get soft.
13. Add fennel powder, garam masala and dried mango powder.
14. Mix well.
15. Cook for another 3-4 minutes.
16. Garnish with chopped green coriander and serve hot with chapathi, phulka or paratha.