2 Cup Curd, preferably little sour and also made of full cream milk
3 drumsticks chopped into 3 inch pieces
Note:If you have fresh curd then add 2 tea spoon lemon juice as mentioned in the recipe below
1/2 cup Gram flour (besan)
1-2 Green chillies, roughly chopped
1 inch Ginger, finely chopped
5-6 cloves of garlic
2 Table spoon oil or Ghee (Clarified butter).
1/2 Tea spoon Cumin seeds
1/2 Tea spoon Mustard seeds
1/2 Tea spoon Fenugreek seeds
7-8 Curry leaves
1/4 Tea spoon Turmeric powder
1 generous pich asaefoieteda
Salt as per taste
Water for making the kadhi mix
2 table spoon fresh Coriander leaves, finely chopped
1. Boil drum sticks with a glass of water and a generous pinch of salt till soft.
2. Preserve the water don’t throw it.
3. Grind garlic, green chilli and ginger to a coarse paste.
4. Add gram flour to curd and mix well till no lumps remaining.
5. Add water approx 1 liter and whisk well, add the preserve water which was remaining after boiling the drumsticks.
6. Heat oil in a kadhai or a heavy bottomed pan and tamper cumin seeds, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds in it on a low flame.
7. Once the cumin seeds and fenugreek are roasted well put asafoetida and curry leaves, stir on low flame for 10-15 seconds
8. Add the green chilli, ginger and garlic paste, stir on low-medium flame for 30-45 seconds or until the raw aroma of ginger garlic goes away.
9. Add turmeric powder, mix well and saute for 25-30 seconds on low-medium heat.
10. Pour the kadhi batter into the roasted masala along with the drumsticks and let it boil on a high flame.
11. Stir the kadhi continuously while cooking it.
12. Once the kadhi starts to boil stop stirring, add salt to taste.
13. Cook the kadhi on low flame for another 15-20 minutes.
14. Garnish with fresh green coriander and serve hot with Methi paratha, Phulka, chapati or white rice.