250 grams Potatoes washed and cut into 1 inch bubes.
250 grams mix of Red, Yellow and Green Bell peppers, chopped into One inch cubes.
1 medium onion, half finely chopped, half cut into cubes
2 table spoon Oil
1 tea spoon butter
1 -2 slit Green chillies
4-5 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 tea spoon red chilli powder
1 tea spoon coriander powder
1/4 tea spoon turmeric powder
1/4 tea spoon cumin powder
A pinch of Asafoetida
1/4 tea spoon mustar seeds
1/2 tea spoon cumin seeds.
1/4 tea spoon Garam Masala Powder
Salt to taste
1.Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan or Kadhai pan and splutter cumin seeds and mustard seeds.
2. Add a pinch of asafoetida
3. Add finely chopped onion, green chilies and fry till onions become translucent.
3. Add finely chopped garlic and fry for another 30-50 seconds, till the raw smell for garlic goes away.
4. Add Red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and saute the spices for a while.
5. Add Potatoes, capcisum and mix well.
6. Cover and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
7. Stir and check at regular intervals.
8. When the potatoes get tender, add onion petals and cook for 2-3 minutes.
9, Add cumin powder and garam masala powder. Mix well.
10. Cover and let the sabzi simmer on low flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
11. Garnish with some coriander and serve with paranthas, phulka or chapaties.