2 medium capsicum, chopped into 1 inch cubes.
2 baby corns chopped into roundels.
1 Medium sized onion, finely chopped
1 tea spoon ginger garlic paste
1 cup tomato puree
1/4 cup kaju/cashew nut paste
2 table spoon oil
2 table spoon butter
1 tej patta / bay leaf
1 inch dalchini/cinnamon
2 pods ilaichi/ green cardamom
1 tea spoon jeeera/cumin seeds
1 tea spoon kashmiri red chili powder
1 1/2 tea spoon dhaniya/coriander powder
1/2 tea spoon jeera/cumin powder
1/4 tea spoon haldi/turmeric powder
1/4 tea spoon garam masala powder
1 cup water
1 tea spoon kasuri methi, crushed
Salt to taste
1. Heat one table spoon butter in a pan and saute capsicum, slit green chilies (season with salt) for 2-3 minutes on high flame. Take out and keep aside in a bowl.
2. Add sliced corn to the same pan (add a little butter if required) and saute on high heat for a couple of minutes. Remove and keep aside.
3. Heat 2 table spoon oil in heavy bottomed pan.
4. Add one bay leaf, one inch cinnamon stick, 2-3 pods of small cardamom and 1 tea spoon cumin seeds, add butter and saute on low heat for 30-40 seconds.
5. Add finely chopped onion and saute on low-medium heat till the onions become translucent, add more butter if required.
6. Add 1 tea spoon ginger garlic paste and saute until the raw smell of garlic goes away and the onions further turn golden brown.
7. Add tomato puree, mix well and cook till the masala leaves oil.
8. Now add all dried masalas, 1 tea spoon red chilli powder, one and a half tea spoon coriander powder, 1/2 tea spoon cumin powder, 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder, 1/4 tea spoon garam masala powder, salt to taste.
9. Saute on low heat for a minute or until the oil gets released from the masala.
10.Add cashew nut paste and fry on low-medium heat for a couple of minutes.
11. Add 1 cup water and mix well.
12. Bring to a boil and add-in sauted corn and capsicum, mix well.
13. Cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until the flavors are absorbed.
14. Add cream and mix well.
15. Sprinkle crushed kasuri methi, garnish with fresh green coriander and enjoy corn capsicum masala with roti, paratha or naan.