2.5 Tbspoon Oil
0.25 Tspoon Turmeric powder
1 Tspoon Coriander powder
1 pinch asafoiteda
1 Tspoon Red chilly powder
0.5 Tspoon Cumin seeds
0.5 Tspoon mustard seeds.
3-4 cloves of garlic.
1 medium sized finley sliced onion.
2 green chilis chopped.
Salt – as per taste.
2 tbsp (finely chopped fresh Green coriander for garnishing.
1 inch ginger finley chopped.
1. Clean and slice capsicum, remove the seeds and cut into small pieces.
2. Heat oil in a pan.
3. Add mustard sees and cumin seeds.
4. Add asafoetida once the seeds crackle
5. Add sliced onions, green chilies and garlic.
6. Saute till onion becomes translucent and the raw smell of garlic goes off.
7. Add dry masalas: Red chili powder, Coriander powder and turmeric powder.
8. Sauté for few seconds.
9. Add capsicum and add salt.
10. Stir constantly until capsicum gets coated nicely with the spices.
11. Cook uncovered on low flame till the capcicum becomes soft.
12. Add Gram flour and mix properly on low heat.
13. Cook covered (sprinkle a little water if looks dry).
14. Cook for 5-10 minutes on low flame, stirring ocassionally to avoid sticking in the pan.
15. Serve hot with rotis or parathas.
This dish tastes really good with aamras and roti. Please follow the following link for the recipe of aamras and pood ki roti.