Crispy Kothey is a super quick recipe, a must try :).
Even though I have used cabbage in this recipe, I would prefer Cauliflower over cabbage as Cauliflower has more crunch and the tastes better. So, try to use Cauliflower.
2 Cup minced Cabbage or Cauliflower (if the water content is too high in cabbage, sqeeze out by pressing them between palms, dont throw this excess water content, drink it as it is or add black salt to tate and then drink it, it healthy 🙂 )
–Note: I would prefer Cauliflower over cabbage, I have used cabbage in this recipe. I am saying this as I had prepared the same dish using Cauliflower earlier (with the same ingredients) and that tasted better 🙂
2 Table spoon cornflour
2 Bread slices (use sandwich bread avoid milk bread)
1 Table spoon all purpose flour (maida)
1/2 Table spoon rice flour.
1 Tea spoon red chilli powder
1/2 Tea spoon white pepper powder.
Salt to taste
A pinch of baking soda.
Ingredients for Sauce:
One medium Onion – very finely chopped.
One medium Capsicum – very finely chopped.
12-14 garlic cloves – very finely choppled.
1/4 cup hot-n-sweet sauce or tomato ketchup
1/2 Tea spoon soya sauce.
Salt to taste
1/2 Cup Water (can be adjusted while preparing, the consistency should be medium thick)
1. Dip the bread slices in water and immediately take out, squeez out the water and add to the minced cauliflower/cabbage. Add all purpose flour (maida), corn flour, rice flour, red chilli powder, white pepper powder, salt to taste and baking soda.
2. Make oval balls (about 1.5 inches in length), press it a little bit so as to bind them properly.
3. Heat oil in a kadhai, fry 3-4 pieces at a time (dont add too many pieces as this will bring the oil tempreture down).
Fry on low-medium heat till they become crisp and come to a nice brown colour.
1. Heat oil in a pan and add finely chopped garlics (low medium heat).
2. Once the garlic changes colour (light golden brown) addd finely chopped onions.
3. Saute for 2 minutes and add finely chopped capsicum.
4 .Saute for 4-5 minutes.
5. Add hot-n-sweet sauce or tomato ketchup (in case hot-n-sweet sauce is not available) and soya sauce. Mix well and simmer for a minute on low flame.
6. Add water and bring to a boil.