Daliya (Broken Wheat) : 1 and half cup
Moong Daal : 1 Cup
Chopped vegetables: 500 gms (I took chopped bottle guard, lauki, 3 medium sized tomatoes chopped, 250gms spinach (palak) finely chopped, 1 cup green peas. You can add any vegetable you like.
1 tsp mustard seeds.
1 tsp cumin seeds. A pinch asafoetida
1 medium size chopped onion
3 green chilies chopped.
1 inch ginger finely chopped.
6-7 garlic finely chopped.
9 cups water
1 tsp red chilli powder.
1 tsp turmeric powder.
1 tsp coriander powder.
3 tsp ghee (clarified butter) this is optional
Fresh green coriander for garnishing.
2 teaspoon oil (yes its 2 tsp, this dish require very very less oil)
- Heat two tspoon oil in the presure cooker.
- Crackle cumin seeds and mustard seeds.
- Add asafoetida.
- Add chopped onion, ginger, garlic and green chilies.
- Fry till onion becomes transparent.
- Add red chili powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder.
- Stir on low flame for a minute.
- Add all the chopped vegetables, daliya (broken wheat). daal and water.
- Close the pressure cooker lid.
- Set the flame to full, once the first whistle is done, reduce
- the flame and cook for 5-6 whistels.
- Open the pressure cooker after it becomes completely cool.
- Serve the daliya hot garnished with chopped coriander and half tsp of ghee (clarified butter