Cuisine : Indian : Punjab
Course : Main Course – Vegetarian
Level Of Cooking : Easy
Cooking Time : 20-30 minutes
Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes.
Baby Potatoes : 500 gms
I took baby potatoes for this recipe this is optional, you can take 4 large potatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces.
Also, for boiling the potatoes, I recommend using either
microwave or boil in open vessel instead of boiling
in pressure cooker.
Oil 3 tablespoons
Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Red chili powder 1 teaspoon
One whole Red chili
Coriander seeds,crushed 1 tablespoon
Roasted cumin powder 1 teaspoon
Dry mango powder (amchur) 1/2 teaspoon
Green Chilies 2-3
Fresh coriander leaves 2 tablespoons
1. Add turmeric powder and little salt to potatoes and water and boil.
Coarsely ground one whole red chili and 1 Tbspoon coriander seeds.
1. Heat oil in a kadhai.
2. Add cumin seeds and sauté till it changes colour to light brown.
3. Add green chilies, salt and stir.
4. Add red chilli powder, crushed coriander seeds, roasted cumin powder and dry mango powder.
5. Add potatoes and stir till the masala covers all the pieces well.
6. Garnish with fresh green coriander and Serve hot.