200 gms paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) – cut into fingers
2 medium sized capsicum – cut into fingers
3 table spoon oil
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
2 onions finely chopped
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
200 grams tomato puree
1/4 tsp turmeric
Salt to taste
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 tsp red chili powder
1 table spoon dry fenugreek leaves (roasted and powdered)
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup full cream milk
1. Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and let it crackle
2. Add onions and cook till soft (golden in colour)
3. Add ginger garlic paste(stir for a minute or two on low-medium flame)
4. Add tomato puree and still till it turns dry
5. Add all dry masalas including roasted / powdered dry fenugreek leaves and stir on low-medium flame till oil separates from the gravy.
6. Add water, mix well, bring to a boil, reduce flame and simmer for 2-3 minutes.7. Heat 2 tea spoon oil in a Wok (medium heat),fry capsicum till it becomes slightly soft, add paneer cubes and saute for a minuter.8. Add paneer and capsicum to the gravy, mix well gently so that it coats the paneer and casicum well.
9/ Reduce heat and add milk, stirring continuously so as to avoid curdling of milk. Remove from heat and serve hot with naan or phulka.