Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes
1 1/2 cups white Rice soaked and drained
2 tablespoons Olive oil
2 large Tomatoes chopped into one inch pieces
8-10 cloves of Garlic
1 large Onion , sliced
1 medium Red capsicum cut into One inch pieces
4-5 Whole dry red chillies
2 1/2 cups Vegetable stock
Salt to taste
2 medium Carrots thickly grated
1.Heat one tblspoon olive oil in a non-stick pan.
2. Add red capsicum, dry red chillies, tomatoes and garlic cloves
and saute on high heat till partially burn.
3. Cool this mixture and grind to a fine paste.
4. Heat the remaining olive oil in a kadhai(wok), add onion and
saute till it becomeslight golden.
5. Add rice and saute for about a minute.
6. Add the red paste prepared in step 3 paste
7. Add vegetable stock, salt and mix well.
8. Add grated carrots and mix well.
–Note: Be careful here (do not break the rice grains while mixing)
9. Cook till done. Serve hot with fresh green coriander.