Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Makes: 10-12 (7 inch diameter)
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (atta)
2 1/2 cups Gram flour(besan)
1/2 cups hung curd (hang whole milk curd in a muslin cloth for 30 minutes)
1 tea spoon Carom seeds
1 tea spoon Red chilli powder
1/2 tea spoon Cumin (jeera) seeds
1/4 tea spoon turmeric powder
Salt to taste
2 tbsp Ghee
Water to knead the dough
Fresh fenugreek leaves or Spinach leaves or Green Coriander
–Note: I have used Spinach leaves in this recipe.
1. Mix all the ingredients (except ghee/curd and finely chopped greens (please have a look at OPTIONAL section above)).
2.Add hung curd and greens.
3. Knead the mixture with a little water, at a time, into a semi-soft dough and keep covered for 15-20 minutes.
4. Divide the dough into equal portions and make disc of 7 inch or your desired shape/size.
–Note: I have used a round plate with sharp edges to cut make round shape discs 🙂
5. Roast the disc evenly on both sides on a griddle (tawa in hindi).
–Note: if you are a ghee lover, then apply little bit ghee on both the sides.
6. Now remove the griddle from the heat and roast the disc directly on the flame on both side.
–Note: Make sure not to burn and also be carefull about your hands 🙂
7. Remove and repeat the same procedure with the other discs.
8. Serve hot with any gravy, I had it with Spicy Roasted Groundnut Curry.
Recipe for Roasted Groundnut curry is available on the same blog @ :https://deliciousvegrecipes.wordpress.com/roasted-groundnut-curry/