3 cups besan (Bengal Gram Flaour)
2 medium sized onions finely chopped.
2 cups Spinach (palak) finely chopped.
Oil for deep frying.
1 tsp cumin seeds
3.5 tsp red chili powdere
3 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
Soda : Optional
–Note: People add Soda or fruit salt, I recommend dont add soda because the pakodas will absorb more oil and also it is
not good for health.
2-3 green chilies finely chopped
1 cup Fresh green coriander finely chopped
0.5 tsp ajwain (carrom seeds)
2 generous pinch asafoetida
1. Take 3 cups gram floor in a bowl.
2. Add sufficient water to make a thick batter.
3. Add all the dry masalas
(chilli powder, coriander powder, salt to taste, cumin seeds,
turmeric powder, carrom seeds, asaiefoeiteda)
4. Add chopped spinach and coriander
5. Leave for half an hour.
6. Add chopped onions, green chilies.
7. Heat oil in a kadhai.
8. Take the batter in hands and drop in oil carefully (you
can use a spoon also).
9. Fry on medium heat, turning occasionally.
10. When done, serve hot with green chutney/Tomato ketchup or sweet tamarind chutney.