200 gms Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese), cut into 1 inch cubes
1 large carrot – peeled, sliced diagonally into 1 inch pieces
2 tbspoon Oil
8-10 French Beans – sliced diagonally into 1 inch pieces
1 medium sized green capsicum – deseeded and cut into 1 inch pieces
1 medium sized red capsicum – deseeded and cut into 1 inch pieces (Optional)
1 medium sized yellow capsicum – deseeded and cut into 1 inch pieces (Optional)
–Note: Red and Yellow Bell peppers are optional, if you dont like the taste of these bell peppers, dont use in the recipe.
0.5 cup boiled green peas
Seeds while frying:
0.5 tsp cumin seeds
0.25 tsp mustard seeds
0.25 tsp onion seeds
0.25 tsp fenugreek seeds
Paste for gravy (mixed all these together):
1 cup tomato puree or 0.75 cup tomato paste
2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
0.75 tsp red chili powder
1.25 tsp coriander powder
salt to taste
0.5 tsp dried mango powder (optional, I have not used in this recipe)
1. Heat 3 tbsp oil in a kadhai, add collected seeds together. When jeera turns golden, reduce heat.
2. Add the gravy paste and stir on low-medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
3. Add carrot and bean, stir for 2 minutes.
4. Add 0.75 cup water, cover the kadhai, cook on low heat for about 5-6 minutes, till vegetables are cooked but still remain crunchy.
5. Add boiled green peas.
5. Heat butter in a kadhai, first add green capsicum and saoute on high flame for a minute, then to the same add red capsicum and saute
on low flame for a minute and then add yellow capsicum and saute on high flame for a minute, add salt to taste and then add paneer
cubes and saute on high flame for another one minute.