Serves 3: Ingredients:
5-6 Medium sized potatoes boiled and mashed.
1 tbsp oil.
1 medium sized onion finely chopped.
1 inch ginger finely chopped.
2-3 green chilies chopped.
3-4 cloves of garlic(Optional: I have not used in this recipe)
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp mustard seeds.
1 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp coriander powder
0.5 tsp turmeric powder.
0.5 tsp fennel seeds (Optional: I have not used in this recipe)
Salt to taste.
half cup green peas
Slices of Sandwich bread.
1. Heat oil in a kadhai.
2. Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds and let them crackle.
3. Add chopped onions, green chilies and ginger and stir or medium heat till onions become
soft, and then add green peas.
4. Add red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and stir on low flame for 2 minutes.
5. Add the mashed potatoes and mix well.
6. Turn off the gas and let the mixture cool down for 5-10 minutes.
7. For making sandwiches, I have this old fashioned sandwich make.
8. Grease both the parts of this utensil by ghee (clarified butter).
9. Apply melted butter on the bread slices and then put the potato mixture on one of the slices.